CASE (Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Elastomers)
Quadra has a broad range of products for the coatings, adhesives, sealants and elastomers market (CASE). Our specialized sales team, market knowledge and logistical expertise enable us to provide unique products and services aimed to meet your business requirements.
CASE (coatingS, adhesives, sealants, elastomers)
CASE is and acronym for coatings, adhesives, sealants and elastomers. Many of these products use a wide range of raw materials and/or chemicals to enhance their performance. There is a connection between all CASE products in that they generally all use some for of elastomer in their design or chemistry. CASE products are used everywhere in our world and play a large role in our daily lives. Some of these products are visible in our daily lives, whereas others are present but rarely recognized.
Coatings: Coatings are basically coverings which are used on a wide variety of products. In most cases coatings are designed to adhere to the applied surface. Coatings can be considered functional or just aid it the appearance of the end products. Functional coatings tend to be used for protection of products or surfaces where it is being applied whereas decorative coatings are typically used to give products improved aesthetics or improved feel. The majority of coatings actually provide both functionality and aesthetics at the same time.
Adhesives: Adhesives are similar to coatings but their function is to bind or adhere different surfaces or substrates together and therefore act as a non mechanical fastener. Some layman’s terms often used for adhesives include glue, cement, pastes, and mortars. There is such a wide variety of substrates that are non-mechanically fastened together in our world that adhesives are designed based on their end application. Some adhesives are designed to be a permanent fastener while others may only be temporary. Adhesives always are applied between substrates and are typically invisible in the end product. Adhesives have many mechanisms to make them function or setup but regardless of the type they are all designed reach their optimum performance based on a working or open time and set-up time.
Sealants: Sealants are very similar to adhesives as they often need to bond to surfaces. Their primary function is to act as a barrier. Some sealants are designed to be exposed whereas other can be completely encapsulated in an end product. Typically sealants will have less tensile strength than adhesives and often provide more flexibility especially in service. Many industries and end products use sealants on a day-to-day basis and like adhesives sealants have many different types of functionality. Sealants also work on a time factor like adhesives and are varied according to their open and set up time.
Elastomers: Elastomers are materials that have very unique characteristics. They are products that in their end application remain flexible and can be deformed and once the force is removed they return to their original state. People often use different synonyms for elastomers and some of these are common like rubber, polymers and plastics. Most of these products are easily workable in what is called their green state but when set up they retain their shape. There are different mechanisms used to change their state but most often this change of state is called curing or thermal setting.
CASE products are an essential part of everyday life. Products used in the CASE market have a vast number of applications and span many industries we are familiar with – ranging from textiles, aerospace, consumer goods, architectural and construction products, automotive, furniture, appliances, and more.
- Construction: Sealants and coatings can be applied to wood, concrete, roofs and other construction materials to protect structures from the elements and to improve longevity and durability. Inside buildings sealants and coatings can serve soundproofing and insulating or have architectural functionality.
- Architecture: Decorative coatings — such as paints and reflective coatings — can be applied to buildings, walls, or windows to enhance their appearance in architectural design.
- Aerospace: Sealants ancdcoatings are applied to the surface of airplanes and other aerospace vessels to prevent degradation and wear under high-stress conditions.
- Transportation: Elastomers produce car tires and rubber parts for vehicles and many other modes of transportation. Sealants and coatings protect car body panels, as well as interiors and windows from water, sunlight or UV light and other elements
- Marine: Waterproofing and corrosion coatings protect ship surfaces from rust and leaks. Marine sealants block water from permeating vessel compartments protecting cargo and equipment.
- Textiles: Coatings and printing inks are used to make patterns on textiles or change the characteristics of the fabrics, while adhesives are used in the production of clothing and other textile products.
- Furniture: Industrial adhesives are used to create stable furniture pieces by binding wood and/or metal. Sealants and coatings create a waterproof surface on furniture, preventing water damage and resistance to fading. Other coatings are used to create architectural effects beautifying furniture and homes.
- Printing inks and paints: CASE products can be used as carriers for pigments in printing inks and paints for everything from product labels to t-shirts. Many paints for arts and crafts, and building products use CASE materials.
- Industrial: CASE products have a wide range of uses in the manufacturing industry and other industrial applications. Some of these are used to reduce friction, waterproof parts, protect parts from corrosion/other damage, bind products together, change colour and texture. The list is truly endless.
Quadra has a team of dedicated professionals ready to be innovative in addressing any technical and / or commercial challenges in your industry. The strength of our relationships within our network of suppliers ensures there is a team supporting your changing industry needs and challenges. We believe in the value that business transparency brings across the supply chain network and this business approach is demonstrated when interacting with one of our team of dedicated sales professionals servicing the CASE industry. We look forward to discussing any opportunity you grant us to establish a long term mutual business partnership.
- Acrylic Polymers & Copolymers
- Activated Carbon
- Alumina Trihydrate (ATH)
- Amino-Formaldehyde Resins
- Ammonium Polyphosphate (APP)
- Antioxidants – Phenolic, Phosphite
- Barium Sulphate (Barytes)
- Bentonite Clay (Sodium Bentonite)
- Blowing Agents
- C5-C9 Copolymer Resins
- C5 Aliphatic Resins
- C5 Hydrogenated Resins
- C9 Aromatic Resins
- C9 Hydrogenated Resins
- Calcium Chloride
- Calcium Formate
- Calcium Sulphate CAS-20™-4
- Calcium Sulphate LP#2 Filler
- Carbon Blacks (ASTM)
- Cationic Starch
- Caustic Potash
- Caustic Soda – Solution & Beads
- Cellulose Ether Thickeners
- Citric Acid
- Coal Pigment Filler
- Corrosion Inhibitors
- D-Limonene (K)
- Diammonium Phosphate
- Diatomaceous Earth
- Dimethyl Carbonate (DMC)
- EDTA Chelates
- Epoxy Resins – Liquid & Solid
- Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol (EVOH)
- Flame Retardants
- Fumed Silicas
- Gypsums – Calcium Sulphate
- Magnesium Hydroxide
- Magnesium Oxide
- Matting Agents
- Mineral Oil
- Mold Release Agents
- Monoammonium Phosphate
- Monoethanolamine (MEA)
- Optical Brighteners
- Phosphate-Ester Plasticizers
- Phosphates – KTPP, STPP, STP, TKPP
- Phthalate Free Green Plasticizer
- Plasticizers – DOA, DOP, DOTP, TOTM
- Polychloroprene Rubber / Latex
- Polyester Powder Coating Resins
- Polymerization Inhibitor
- Polyvinyl Acetate Re-Dispersables
- Polyvinyl Alcohols (PVOH)
- Polyvinyl Butyral Resin (PVB)
- Potato Starch
- Precipitated Silicas
- Prevulcanization Inhibitor (PVI)
- Reactive Amines
- Recycled Mineral Filler
- Resorcinol-Formaldehyde Resin
- Rheology Modifiers
- Rosin Ester Resins
- Rubber Accelerators / Chemicals
- Rubber Process Aid
- Silicone Fluids
- Soda Ash (Sodium Carbonate)
- Sodium Alpha-Olefin Sulphonates
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Sodium Citrate
- Sodium Gluconate
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)
- Sodium Silicates
- Styrene Butadiene Styrene Polymers (SBS)
- Styrene Isoprene Styrene Polymers (SIS)
- Surfactants – Ethoxylated, Fluorinated
- Tartaric Acid
- Terpene Phenol Tackifying Dispersion
- Tertiary Butyl Acetate (TBAC)
- Titanium Dioxide
- Triethanolamine (TEA)
- UV Absorbers
- UV Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers
- Vinyl Acetate Ethylene Re-Dispersibles (VAE)
- Xanthan Gum
- Zinc Oxide
- Zinc Ricinoleate
Subindustries / Market Segments
Quadra provides solutions to challenges in the coatings industry segments such as: Architectural / Decorative, Industrial / Protective, Wood Finishes, Coil Coatings, Powder Coatings and Polyurethane Protective Coatings
Offering a wide range of raw material products for the formulation of Polymer Emulsions, Hot Melts, Pressure Sensitive Tapes, Reactive Systems, Flooring/Tile and Sealants/Caulking.
With a strong dedication to the rubber compounding sector, Quadra provides many raw materials along with technical expertise and know-how in this complex industry.
Quadra provides a range of products such as polymers, resins, pigments, reactive and non-reactive fillers, flame retardants, plasticizers, antioxidants and several other categories of products used in the science of plastics engineering.