Quadra is committed to Continuous Improvement
and Quality Management
Quadra is committed to Continuous Improvement and Quality Management: We have various programs in place which enable us to be a specialized, effective and trusted partner.
- For our customers: you can expect us to meet or exceed your expectations due to our commitment to a customer-driven philosophy.
- For our suppliers: we offer peace of mind with our programs that enable us to represent your organization with a high degree of excellence.
- A national quality team is in place to ensure we employ one-company approach at all our facilities as relates to product, service and operational excellence.
Various programs and certifications are in place, including, but not limited to:
- ISO accredited operations across Canada. Robust, mature and quality practices.
- GDP (Good Distribution Practices) – Gold Rating. This is essential for our Ingredient safety practices.
- GMP for API’s (Good Manufacturing Practices for active pharmaceutical ingredients), DEL (Drug Establishment Licence)
- RD (Responsible Distribution Code of Practice); Covers areas such as Environment, Regulatory Compliance, Health & Safety.
- COR (Certification of Recognition) Instrumental for health and safety practices in Western Canada
- PIP (Partners in Protection); Encompasses physical and procedural security
- Supplier Assessment programs including: ISNetword, Complyworks and PICS auditing.
- Sustainability Assessment programs including: Ecovadis
- Service Level Improvement Program (SLIP). Program used for customer and internal improvement opportunities.
- Business Continuity Planning (BCP); including Crisis and Risk Management
- BRC Global Standards Certification
Quadra is committed to Responsible Distribution®, an industry-wide initiative designed to continuously improve the Canadian chemical and ingredient distribution industry in the areas of health, safety, and the environment. We continue to be actively involved with Responsible Distribution Canada (formerly known as CACD – Canadian Association of Chemical Distributors) and have several Quadra employees serving on various committees.
Quadra has a high degree of respect for the environment, and health and safety within our organization. Our aim is to apply best business practices to meet high operating safety standards and conduct business responsibly. Some of our programs include:
- Responsible Distribution compliance: Our programs meet or exceed the requirements of the Distributor Code of Practice. We are proud to have our facilities verified for compliance by an independent third party auditing firm designated by RDC
- Environment, Health and Safety: Part of our commitment to health, safety and the environment takes the form of a program that provides information on potential workplace hazards, health and safety, incidents and practices and cultivates an environment conducive to supporting and improving our program.
- Regulatory Affairs: Ensuring compliance to various regulations such as: Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG), Global Harmonized System (GHS) / Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Canadian Environmental Protection act (CEPA), Safety Data Sheets (SDS), etc.
- Emergency Response: A proactive approach is key to ensuring adequate preparedness and response and effective contingency management demands planning for prevention, preparedness, response and recovery. Community awareness is part of this program to heighten awareness.
- Health & Safety: There are formal Health and Safety teams in place that ensure safety on an ongoing basis. The Health and Safety Day is always a fun way to raise awareness at our facilities.