TREND #1 – STORYTELLING – WINNING WITH WORDS
“Storytelling – Winning With Words” leads the list of Innova Market Insights’ Top Ten Trends for 2020.
Increased consumer affinity for products backed by a compelling narrative and their notable influence on purchasing decisions has resulted in companies increasingly paying attention to storytelling in branding strategies. Ingredient provenance is a key component behind a product’s story and presents opportunities to pique consumers interest by highlighting how products are produced and their origins, which promotes an understanding of product benefits and helps to build trust in the brand.
According to Innova Market Insights research, three in five global consumers say that stories around a brand influence their purchasing decisions, with the main reasons why consumers want this information given as learning where the ingredients come from, understanding the product’s benefits and engendering trust in the brand.
Ask your Quadra Account Manager about:
- How Beneo is striving to use locally sourced ingredients. The sugar beet used to produce Isomalt and Palatinose, is all grown within a 40 km radius of the factory. The raw materials used for Beneo’s Inulin production in Chile travel an average of 80 km. Furthermore, the majority of Beneo’s ingredients are obtained from the company’s highly-valued farming community that carries a golden standard for sustainable farming from the SAI platform (Sustainable Agricultural Initiative).
- How Fiberstar developed their Citri-Fi®product to find a home for the by-product waste stream produced from the citrus processing industry. This waste material was historically dumped or used as animal feed. Now that material is sent to Fiberstar’s manufacturing facility for further processing to become Citri-Fi®. The manufacture of Citri-Fi® citrus fiber uses less water during processing than many ingredients with similar functionality. Furthermore, the water used for sanitation and a significant portion of the water removed from the citrus material (2-3%) is treated and recycled for use.
- How we can help you develop flavor profiles that play into the cultural celebration of your storytelling strategy.
- How KMC, a grower-owned cooperative, recently discovered how to extract potato protein from the waste stream of its potato starch production, thus upcycling this by-product to now be used as a high-value food ingredient.
- How JB Cocoa is working to achieve a sustainable cocoa economy, including securing better livelihoods for cocoa farmers through productivity improvements, introduction of systems of best-known farm practices, and improvements in working conditions. For example, in Central Sulawesi, Indonesia, they have set up cocoa support centres to equip farmers with professional knowledge, and also share good agricultural practices through a lead farmer program.
- How the many ingredients we have to offer that support gut health and immunity can help create a lifestyle story behind your product.