Vice President, Human Resources
Date: November 1, 2019
Brief: Quadra Chemicals is currently seeking for a Vice President, Human Resources.
Quadra seeks a successful, bilingual candidate with the ability, as a part of the Senior Executive Team, to help lead the company into the future as an agile organization, understanding the changes coming with respect to the workforce, people and talent management practices.
The successful candidate will inherit an effective and engaged Human Resources Team with whom he/she will help the organization transform in order to meet tomorrow’s business challenges all the while maintaining the core values of the organization as they are at the heart of its success.
HR has contributed to double digit growth of Quadra during that period and assisted Quadra to be recognized as a Best Managed Company for the last 15 years, as well as a Best Employer accredited by Aon Hewitt and most recently as a Certified as a Best Workplace 2018, by Great Place to Work Canada TM.
Quadra is a high-performance work environment where the engagement of our people is at the heart of our culture and our approach to doing business. The company, now approaching 400 employees is active across Canada and in select markets in the USA and Shanghai.
The Vice President, Human Resources is based in Quadra’s head office in Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec and reports to the President. This is a demanding, rewarding and exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
- Commitment to operate at the intensity and appropriate urgency required to fulfill the expectations of Quadra’s high-performance culture
- Believe in and lead according to the people first philosophy of the organization
- Protect the caring /people approach as the culture evolves to meet future needs
- Connect face to face across our facilities in Canada and the USA with key people in the organization (beyond the senior leadership)
- Lead the organization’s strategic initiatives in respect to what changes are needed in order to be successfully positioned so to meet the long-term challenges
- Commitment to spend the time to research and understand the trends that are emerging in the workforce today
- Connect with the senior Executive Team to understand their views / perspectives and be a significant contributing member of the team beyond the HR function
- Promote the core values of the organization which are the foundation of its success
- Provide the Executive Team as well as the President and CEO with an assessment of where the organization stands in terms of its ability to face transformational trends and what it needs to put in place in order to achieve its goals
- Guide the Executive Team of the organization through the steps of the plan put together to reach the organization’s objectives
- Through support, development and coaching, ensure that the Human Resources Team is fully engaged which will help its members to convey the organization’s values through various initiatives
- A university degree in human resources management, industrial relations or administration with a concentration in human resources management would be an asset
- The successful candidate will most likely have approximately 20 years of overall generalist experience in the Human Resources field as well as functional team leadership experience
- Fluently bilingual in both French and English
- Ability to think strategically with a bias on action
- Executive profile with a major propensity to be hands-on
- Ability to create and articulate a vision for the Human Resources Department
- Able and experienced in leading an Executive Team through the process and execution of a transformation
- Experienced in sitting on a Leadership Committee, the candidate will not only be a Subject Matter Expert (SME), but will also contribute to other aspects of the business
- Good business sense with the ability to demonstrate managerial courage
- Experienced team leader and talent developer
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to an entrepreneurial culture
- An efficient communicator, the candidate has the ability to present to the Executive Team
- Ability to manage multi-projects simultaneously, your energy level is adapted to the fast-paced environment of the organization
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans, a company vehicle, etc.
Subject: Vice President, Human Resources
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.