Technical Representative, Mining
Date: January 1, 2020
Region: British Columbia
Brief: We are currently looking for a technical representative for our mining industry. Well established in British-Columbia, you will be closely work with our sales team to provide a personalized service, in order to continue the efforts to make Quadra stand out from the competition and thus to become the first partner supplier of the company.
You will need to support our Account Managers and Product Managers in designing new and strategically valuable technical services programs for customers. You will also have to act as a metallurgy expert on our sales team in Canada and the United States.
- To support the account managers and product managers in their efforts to increase market share in our mining line of business
- To fully evaluate technical needs at qualified prospect accounts
- To perform bench scale metallurgical lab work at customer sites or at third party laboratories
- To coordinate with account managers and product managers mill trials of new and existing products
- To call on current customers to collect appropriate samples for required lab analysis
- To provide meaningful value-based technical support at customer site or over the phone
- To formulate new ideas on how to provide value-based technical support to strategic customers
- Implement the said ideas with approval from appropriate Marketing Manager and/or Business Manager
- To document the value of the technical support provided to customers
- To coordinate and write analytical report, send to appropriate customer contacts within agreed deadlines and to debrief the results of the work with both customers and Quadra`s commercial team
- To provide customers with technical training seminars
- To provide technical training internally to account managers and product managers
- To build credibility for the company and generate customer trust
- To conduct business in an organized and time efficient manner
- To conduct joint calls with Quadra personnel and suppliers when requested
- To maintain fully detailed records of customer contacts, call reports (to be entered into our CRM within 48 hours of call)
- Call planning to be done as per protocols, including 3 week forward planning of service calls
- To report any changes in business trends, customer complaints, competitor’s activity and any expressions of customers satisfaction or dissatisfaction
- To keep abreast of competitor product knowledge and competitive activities
- To participate in training seminars and conventions to enhance technical knowledge, as authorized by the Business Manager
- To attend sales meetings as directed by the Business Manager
- To liaise with the appropriate people in the Quadra organization to ensure a satisfactory level of customer service is maintained
- To maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Undergraduate degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- /Or Mineral Processing Technologist with experience as a technical representative
- Minimum 10 years previous experience in mineral processing or related field
- Proven experience in flotation and float circuits (Cu, Moly, Au)
- Hands on approach and capable to conduct bench scale metallurgical testing (i.e. bottle roll test and flotation work)
- Above average knowledge of the technical application of chemicals and reagents used in the mineral processing industry.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently and handle pressure
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good time management and planning skills
- Good learning skills
- Good active listening skills
- Willingness to travel 50 % of the time
- Valid driver’s license
- Access to a local airport
- Proven computer skills
- Strong analytical skills
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans, a company vehicle, etc.
Subject: Technical Representative, Mining
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.