Systems & Support Technician
Date: November 1, 2019
Brief: We are currently looking for a Systems & Support Technician for our office in Burlington, Ontario.
Working closely with the Global Digital Support Group team, the Systems & Support Technician will be the main point of contact locally on all IT support related areas, as well as globally to support employees across the country.
The chosen individual will be bilingual, will have exceptional troubleshooting, customer service and communication skills, to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop or system level.
In this position, the chosen candidate is expected to have a hands-on, problem-solving approach to managing and troubleshooting environments, and a friendly human-facing side to communicate and manage staff expectations. It is also expected that the individual can contribute to medium/long term foundational projects along with day-to-day operational support.
- Answers technical support requests and proceeds with incidents resolutions
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
- Assist in software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users
- Contribute to implementing formalized processes to help ongoing and future Digital Team operations
- Support add/move/change requests – including desktops/laptops, printers and other peripherals
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via telephone and e-mail and chat to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers
- Prioritize and schedule problems, escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop and system level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Provide preventive and corrective maintenance of workstation and software including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
- IT/Operations, inventory tracking and management
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
- Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 4 years equivalent work experience
- Certifications in Comptia A+ and ITIL is an asset
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in French and in English
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, of current network protocols, and standards
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience and extensive application support experience
- Basic knowledge of programming languages
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems and working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Exceptional customer service orientation, organizational and problem-solving skills (project management skills a definite asset)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required and strong documentation skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed and the ability to work independently and handle pressure
- Keen attention to detail
- Willing to travel
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: Systems & Support Technician
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.