Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Date: July 1, 2019
Region: British Columbia
Brief: We currently seek a Senior Human Resources Business Partner, based in Delta, British Columbia, to join our Human Resources team.
As a member of the national HR team, the Senior Human Resources Business Partner supports the Western Canada region (B.C. and Alberta) by providing organizational support in all areas of Human Resources.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Human Resources who is based in Montreal, Quebec, the successful candidate will be an autonomous, broadly skilled HR professional looking for a growing and developing organization.
- Demonstrating and impersonating our core values: Safety – Integrity – Quick on our feet – Having fun – Entrepreneurial – Caring – Connected – Commitment to our Customers, Suppliers and Employees
- Providing front-line HR support and developing partnerships while providing day to day advice and counsel on HR related matters
- Coaching, supporting, and challenging leaders and managers in their HR practices, providing advice and guidance on HR issues
- Demonstrating influential leadership in the Delta branch
- Responding to all inquiries regarding employment issues, HR policies, etc. to all levels of staff in addition to providing proactive advice and recommendations where adequate
- Leading hiring process in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition Advisor
- Assisting the orientation and training programs of all new hires including reviewing policy manual, benefits plan, enrolment process, employee programs, etc, to ensure rapid onboarding
- Participating in HR projects such as system implementation or new program development
- Delivering training for organizational HR initiatives
- Face-to-face HR support for our four (4) western facilities
- Excellent judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills in establishing strategies and resolving HR matters
- Coaching abilities to support our leaders in their growth
- The ability to deal with sensitive and highly confidential issues
- Proven experience with Alberta and BC Labor Standards
- Autonomous team player, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable individual, with proven leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- A bachelor’s degree of Commerce/Administration/Business, with a minor/specialization in Human Resources Management
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and HR systems
- The ability to travel up to 25% overnight
So, if you…
- Like to play as a team and work with colleagues… (not egos)
- Are not taking yourself too seriously… (We like to have fun, it is part of our core values.)
- Are not a fire fighter with short term focus. (We are developing for the future while caring for each other.)
Then you might be the perfect fit!
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.