Regional Logistics Manager, Western Region
Date: February 7, 2020
Region: Alberta, British Columbia
Location: Edmonton or Calgary or Delta
Brief: Quadra Chemicals is a growing, dynamic chemical distribution company with facilities across Canada. We currently have a vacancy for a permanent full-time position as Regional Logistics Manager. Ideally, this candidate will be base out of our office in Edmonton, Alberta.
We are currently looking for a charismatic and dynamic leader to enhance our Logistic team in Western Canada. The Regional Logistic Manager is responsible for managing and developing our western Canada supply chain. Using your knowledge and experience, you will ensure our third-party bulk terminals, warehouse and carriers provide exceptional service at a competitive price while meeting our stringent safety requirements. Business development is a key attribute as this role will work actively with our commercial team to ensure that we are able to provide high level of service through our logistics partners.
We are looking for an individual with a positive and professional attitude, attention to detail with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Strong leadership skills are needed to create, influence and promote an environment where the whole team is engaged, empowered and committed to delivering outstanding customer service.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with key transportation providers to ensure the most cost-effective movement of materials while providing excellent customer service, in compliance with the Responsible Distribution initiatives
- Responsible for the management of partners relationships for freight and logistics activities for outbound packaged goods and bulk carriers within your region
- Ensure all health, safety and environmental incidents are recorded, complete with an analysis as to the root cause and the actions taken to ensure there are no repeats. Liaison with the Risk and Regulatory Affairs Manager, ensuring compliance and adherence to all initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the negotiation for all freight rates and look for opportunities to continue to grow our market share through the use or the acquisition of warehouses/terminals to ensure we are a leader in the markets we chose to service
- Regularly analyze logistics trends and supply chain to identify opportunities to lower costs and improve Quadra competitiveness and improve delivery performance
- Optimize transportation management and integrate best practices throughout the supply chain
- Work with Canadian Logistics Manager, Regional Operations Manager, Logistics Coordinators and our commercial team to ensure carriers are meeting our service level targets and needs of our customers
- Influence changes with carriers to correct issues, solve problems, enhance business and ensure continuous improvement in line with Quadra’s expectations
- Responsible for the completion of annual Carrier Assessments and on-site audits on regular, defined intervals
- Closely align with the commercial group to optimize supply chain and assist in developing new business
- Responsible to periodically audit freight invoices to ensure that all freight is being moved with the right carrier at the correct rate
- Responsible to ensure compliance with all quality programs (ISO, GDP, BRC, RD, COR etc..) initiatives, policies and procedures, internal and external audits to ensure successful qualification within your region
- Ensure updated or new policies, procedures and protocols are properly communicated and implemented
- Supporting our operations teams by providing specialized technical service to our customers
- Completed post-secondary degree or diploma in related field; additional professional designations are assets (i.e. CCLP, PLOG).
- Minimum 10 years of experience in all modes of transport, warehousing and bulk terminal experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, able to engage and influence team and external partners
- Background in servicing the mining and oil/gas industry would be beneficial
- Proven experience in food transportation is an asset
- TDG experience definite asset
- Excellent computer skills (JD Edwards or SAP experience preferred) and extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce
- Previous experience running RFQ’s would be an asset
- Must be self-motivated, customer driven, dynamic and professional
- Customer facing skills: Listening, Negotiation, Diplomacy
- Ability to work independently and handle pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical, presentation and problem-solving skills
- A willingness to travel overnight, up to 20% of the time
- Provide problem solving assistance and guidance including after hours and weekend coverage (day to day emergencies)
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans, a company vehicle, etc.
Subject: Regional Logistics Manager, Western Region
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.