Date: December 10, 2018
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual to enhance our R&D team in the Oakville manufacturing facility.
Our Oakville facility specializes in the design and application of functional food ingredient systems to impart the desired body and texture characteristics, shelf life stability, and flavor to bakery, processed foods, beverage, and dairy products.
- New Product Development for manufactured blends, including product improvement, as well as Concept Development
- Become familiar with products, ingredients and formulation techniques across a variety of product categories, including Bakery, Confectionary, Prepared Foods, Beverage & Dairy
- Create great tasting, on trend and presentable prototypes/concepts that are used as sales tools to promote Quadra ingredients and blending capabilities
- Maintain the R&D laboratory including managing ingredient inventory, organizing ingredients and finished product samples, and ensuring Good Manufacturing Practices are employed
- Knowledge and interest in trends within the food industry
- Preparation of product samples based on customer requirements
- Enter and review formulations in Genesis software
- Preparation of regulatory documentation for in-house manufactured blends (nutritional, label declaration; blend sheets)
- Work with team to ensure all specifications (ingredient, formula, finished product, and proper handling specifications) are accurately developed before product launch
- University degree or post-secondary education, preferred Food Science or comparable degree
- Experience in a lab environment within the food industry
- Great sense of creativity
- Advanced computer skills with the ability to learn new programs
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, able to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and able to contribute to a high performance team culture
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage completion of multiple tasks/projects
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: R&D Technician
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.