Quality Control Supervisor
Date: September 1, 2019
Brief: Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Quality Control Supervisor role at Quadra follows established protocols and ensures adherence of good manufacturing practices (GMP), food safety quality assurance (FSQA) and hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP). The Supervisor plays a critical role in developing and upholding a quality-focused team based on the fundamentals of Food Safety.
- Lead the development and execution of processes that improve quality and safety of our products
- Develop manufacturing-oriented SOPs and policies to uphold a high level of quality
- Communicate and cooperate with other teams/management to ensure food safety practices are being followed and to solve issues in a timely manner when they arise
- Support production in changeover and sanitation procedures including pre-op and pre-assembly inspections
- Develop and implement administrative and engineering controls to ensure impeccable product quality and reliability
- Monitor and regularly enforce CFIA, HACCP and GFSI regulations in daily operations
- Perform internal audits and address any nonconformities
- Prepare quality control training materials and ensure production supervisors, plant leadership and all operators are sufficiently trained. Regular validation of training competence is also required
- Ensure all quality standards and policies are met, if not exceeded
- Instill an error prevention and continuous improvement mindset in all team members
- Support plant operations to meet and exceed training and quality objectives – First Time Pass Quality
- Promote and incorporate “Safety” as a pillar of the culture of food manufacturing
- Comfortable spending up to 50-70% of the time on the production floor
- Role may require some off-shift hours at times
- Post-secondary education preferably in Food Science, Chemistry, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 5- 7 years of food related quality experience in a manufacturing environment
- Extensive HACCP and GFSI experience including; program development, program implementation and auditing of program
- Proven ability to manage and influence others
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and handle pressure
- Ability to work at a strategic and operational level
- Clear and concise communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to work on occasion in the afternoons and evenings
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to problem-solve and create alternative solutions to problems
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: Quality Control Supervisor
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.