Q&A Technician – 12 Month Contract
Date: February 1, 2019
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual to enhance our Q&A team in the Oakville manufacturing facility.
The Quality Assurance Technician monitors compliance with quality standards to ensure product conforms to specification and food safety practices and assist in documentation involving HACCP, BRC, food safety and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
12 Month Contract Position
- Audits Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Food Safety Enhancement Program (FSEP) and quality management programs for compliance
- Collects daily production, HACCP and inspections reports
- Reviews reports for accuracy, completeness and compliance; reports deviation(s) to Quality Assurance (QA) Manager
- Ensures both lab equipment and metal detectors in plant are calibrated
- Investigate customer complaints and report finding to the QA Manager
- Assist with training of Production workers and other QA Department staff in areas such as but not limited to quality, food safety and GMP
- Generate customer reports and documentation when applicable
- Conduct product testing (micro/physical) according to product specifications
- Conduct plant and equipment inspections
- Manage and order lab supplies as needed
- Monitors ingredient shelf life to ensure no expired ingredients are being used
- Assist in maintaining food safety programs for Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) Audits
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory
- Work safely, report all workplace hazards and follow all Quadra Health and Safety policies and procedures as well as the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Attend and participate in team and supervision meetings
- Attend and participate in all required training such as but not limited to WHMIS, AODA and Health and Safety
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned
- High School or College Degree (Food Science preferred)
- Knowledge of HACCP, GFSI Programs
- Ability to problem solve, multi-task and set priorities while working independently in a high-performance team culture
- Good oral/written and interpersonal skills to interact with co-workers and customers
- Excellent time management skills along with the ability to prioritize and manage completion of multiple tasks/projects
- High degree to accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: Q&A Technician – 12 Month Contract
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.