Date: August 1, 2019
Brief: The Production Supervisor will play a key leadership role in supporting our daily production team, to effectively organize and manage the manufacturing activities and to continuously improve safety, quality and production efficiency.
- Manages the day-to-day manufacturing functions; coordination of production activities, ensuring effective production flow while assessing our processes and efficiencies
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead/implement projects to improve safety and quality, increase production capacity and lower costs
- Prioritize, scope, plan, schedule, and execute daily work in conjunction with the Plant Manager, Plant Superintendent, Production Supervisor, Production Scheduler, Blender Filler and Blender Operators
- Ensuring we follow standard operating procedures to meet customer specifications
- Coordinates and ensures quality of product throughout the process by effective communication with the production team and management team to ensure we meet product quality, food safety and production efficiency objectives
- Oversees all activities related to good manufacturing practices and food safety including cleaning, sanitation of all processing equipment to ensure the output of safe quality food
- Promote open communication between various departments and members of Management to ensure that all needs are met to successfully execute production schedules
- Fosters exceptional employee relations by working effectively with all staff, proving feedback, coaching, training and development opportunities
- Provides employee direction and direct supervision, evaluating performance, managing performance and course correction
- Support and implement the values of the company, including ensuring that the blending operations are in compliance with all legislation & regulations, and especially those for Environmental, Health and Safety
- 5 years’ experience in a food manufacturing industry, preferably ingredients
- Working knowledge of food regulatory standards; GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality
- Experience in leading production and/or warehouse teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, mobilizing and conflict management
- Addresses issues with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure and deal with interpersonal conflicts
- Able to problem-solve and create alternative solutions to problems
- Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize while staying organized
- Physical ability to lift 50lb
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional team members
- Forklift certified (reach and counterbalance)
- Willingness to work on occasion in the afternoons and evenings
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: Production Supervisor
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.