Product Manager, Industrial
Date: December 1, 2019
Region: Ontario, Quebec
Location: Burlington or Vaudreuil
Brief: We are currently recruiting for a dynamic and highly motivated professional to fulfill the role of Product Manager for our Industrial group.
The candidate will bring to this position his/her professional product expertise to lead the organization while making strategic product decisions. We are looking for a candidate who will fit well with our culture and who will be interested in a long career in the field of procurement and marketing.
Ideally, the candidate will have significant marketing experience and an established network of relationships in the industrial market.
The Product Management role at Quadra is a blend of marketing and procurement functions and includes the following responsibilities:
- The “supplier relationship manager” identifies and provides reliable and competitive supply of products for our target markets
- Build strong, supplier multi-level relationships through regular documented visits
- Responsible for the ongoing market development and sustained profitable growth of their product portfolio
- Central role in working very closely with the company’s sales force and balancing company objectives, customer requirements and supplier expectations
- The champion in knowing his/her key products and markets
- Manage pricing and keep price lists up to date
- Monitoring monthly reports by product
- Formally evaluate key supplier performance
- Be present in focus industries to know and be known using industry trade shows, conferences, etc.
- Builds strong ties and relationships with the sales force on the basis of trust and credibility and collaborative cooperation
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Business-related field
- Minimum of 10 years previous experience in industrial chemical distribution in a Sales or Marketing role
- Professional procurement accreditation an asset
- Proven experience analyzing markets and developing marketing plans
- Minimum 3-5 years previous experience as a sales professional
- Communication proficiency in French and English (oral and written bilingualism)
- A willingness to travel overnight, up to 40% of the time
- Proven advanced computer skills (Excel, Power Point; to work effectively with the Office 365 suite)
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently and handle pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans, a company vehicle, etc.
Subject: Product Manager, Industrial
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.