Date: April 1, 2019
Quadra Ingredients, a 2018 Great Place to Work, and a Best 50 Managed Company for the last 15 years, seeks a Plant Superintendent for its strategic Food Ingredients blending plant in Oakville, Ontario. Our facility specializes in the design and application of functional food ingredient systems to impart the desired body and texture characteristics, shelf life stability, and flavor to processed foods, beverage and dairy products.
If you have relevant plant operations and maintenance experience in a food manufacturing/warehouse environment, are keen to work for a privately held Canadian and fast growing mid-sized company and contribute to its continued success, this opportunity is for you.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Plant Superintendent will play a key leadership role in developing and implementing improved equipment reliability and maintenance systems and processes; executing plant betterment projects, and supporting operations personnel to continuously improve safety, quality and production efficiency.
- Help lead the effort to improve safety performance of the blending operations by participating in JHSC initiatives, fostering ownership, setting and adhering to housekeeping standards
- Provide day to day plant maintenance and operations leadership
- Develop and implement proper reliability and maintenance programs for plant equipment; establish and maintain critical spare parts inventory; purchase key equipment and/or maintenance tools; and train operations personnel on proper equipment functionality
- Perform and/or manage regular preventative maintenance and if needed, emergency/unscheduled repairs on production and auxiliary equipment
- Troubleshoot and diagnose operational problems including mechanical and electrical issues throughout the plant
- Prioritize, scope, plan, schedule, and execute daily work in conjunction with the Warehouse Supervisor, Production Scheduler, Blender Filler and Blender Operators
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead/implement projects to improve safety and quality, increase production capacity and lower costs
- Supervise contractors and external consultant as needed
- Develop procedures, methods and training materials to help improve the troubleshooting and minor maintenance skills of the operators
- Promote open communication between various departments and members of Management to ensure that all needs are met to successfully execute production schedules
- Support and implement the values of the company, including ensuring that the blending operations are in compliance with all legislation & regulations, and especially those for Environmental, Health and Safety
- Certified Industrial Mechanic Millwright (433A), or Industrial Electrician (442A) or Construction and Maintenance Electrician (309A) Trade License an asset
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the operation and maintenance of food process equipment
- Equipment knowledge on compressors, dust collectors, blenders, HVAC, generators, Forklift, bag sealers, conveyors and filling machine
- Experience in leading production and maintenance teams and implementing basic preventative maintenance programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, mobilizing and conflict management
- Addresses issues with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Able to troubleshoot equipment issues
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Able to problem-solve and create alternative solutions to problems
- Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize while staying organized
- Physical ability to lift 50lb
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional team members
- Forklift certified (reach and counterbalance)
- General experience in total project management, six-sigma, Kaizen, would be preferred
- Knowledgeable and be familiar with such as but not limited to OHSA, WSIA, ESA, CSA, Ontario Fire Code and HRA
- Willingness to work on occasion in the afternoons and evenings
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: Plant Superintendent
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.