Date: February 12, 2020
Brief: Are you an experienced leader who can lead teams through necessary and bold changes? Are you a keen problem-solver who aims to improve production standards? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments with the ability to adapt quickly and effectively? Then you belong at Quadra! Our employees are professional and passionate about our business. In return, Quadra offers a stimulating workplace and the chance for personal growth with recognition commensurate to outstanding performance.
If you have relevant plant manufacturing managerial experience in food, pet food, pharmaceutical or personal care, are keen to work for a privately held Canadian and fast growing mid-sized company and contribute to its continued success, this opportunity is for you.
The Plant Manager is responsible for ensuring the safety, high performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of the blending plant and distribution team according to the agreed and realistic production targets. He/she will supervise and direct personnel to ensure the manufacture of high quality and cost-effective products that meet the expectations and needs of customers.
- Maintain a primary focus on employee Safety and product Quality, while continuously looking for ways to improve processes and practices to improve efficiency and lower unit costs
- Develop and maintain Environmental, Health and Safety practices and procedures consistent with the minimum Corporate EH&S standards
- Set department goals, establish Key Performance Indicator metrics and establish a steady operating rhythm of critical meetings and actions to drive and sustain a continuous improvement culture
- Lead a team of approximately 30 direct and indirect operations and distribution employees, respecting diversity, creating a learning environment, and providing training and development to help them succeed and grow in their roles
- Create a work environment that promotes and encourages teamwork, in order to attain Company, department and individual objectives
- Communicate effectively with various departments and members of Management to ensure that all needs are met to successfully execute production schedules and deliver against customer’s needs
- Work closely with the Quality team to sustain Food Safety quality requirements on all production, while targeting a 99% or better achievement of First Pass Free
- Work in collaboration with the Quality team, to ensure compliance and maintain certification standards with CFIA, HACCP, BRC and other regulatory & customer’s quality and product safety requirements
- Develop and implement industry leading preventative and predictive maintenance practices for all plant equipment to ensure product quality, high availabilities, and lower equipment life cycle costs
- Define and review budgets for Operations Department with a focus on cost reduction and/or containment
- Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, Ontario, collaborate with the Burlington branch operations to optimize distribution across Ontario and standardize on best practices
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in a related field, such as Mechanical Engineering, Food Science or equivalent industry experience sought
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Plant Manager in a manufacturing or production environment
- Experience in a food manufacturing/production environment with stringent quality requirements is an asset
- Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and to appropriately prioritize workload based upon organization or department needs
- Must be willing and able to spend significant amounts of his/her time on the plant floor providing hands on support, encouragement and leadership
- Ability to instill, implement and deal with change and challenges while balancing the need for change with the need for consistency and stability. A passion for learning and innovation
- A proven track record in effective leadership and management of plant personnel
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) with all levels of the organization
- Advanced skills with Office tools, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality products and services within tight timeframes
- Manages and executes improvement projects that support overall production process improvement in the plant and other variable cost savings opportunities
- Teamwork orientation and flexibility in a high-performance culture
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Ability to achieve efficient, timely, quality results by directing efforts on expected outcomes while providing exemplary customer service (both internal & external) and all stakeholders within expected timeframes
- Familiarity with industry standards, equipment and technical
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Knowledge/Experience with GMP, BRC and LEAN Management an asset
- Knowledgeable and be familiar with such as but not limited to OHSA, WSIA, ESA, CSA, Ontario Fire Code and HRA
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans, a company vehicle, etc.
Subject: Plant Manager
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.