Date: January 1, 2020
Brief: The Operations Lead Hand will be responsible for the day to day functions of an operator while directing the work of the associates in the assigned areas. He will directly report to the Operations Supervisor.
- Responsible for the day to day direction of staff and work flow within the facility he manages
- Ensure all health, safety, security and environmental incidents/inspections are recorded
- Packaging, repackaging and movement of product from one unit of measure to another
- Miscellaneous labor requirements: sample extraction, repairing damaged goods, labelling requirements for all inventory
- Communicating changes such as product damaged during warehousing, movement of product from one location to another
- Management of all inbound and outbound schedules, orders and carriers
- Assist Operations Supervisor in the execution of various operational duties such as:
- Maintenance of all inventory within the facility for distribution
- Inventory management: aging reports, re-class, work orders, disposal of damaged inventory and inventory counts
- Reporting for Operational KPI’s – Labour, Productivity and Inventory
- Supervise general repairs, maintenance of facility and equipment
- Management of contractors on site
- Participate in conference calls & meetings around specific products and business opportunities
- Available for after hours, including weekends
- Assume all of the Operations Supervisor’s responsibility when absent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a fast-paced environment dealing with carriers, suppliers, internal and external customers
- Post-secondary education in operations, logistics or supply chain preferred – exceptional experience will be considered
- Experience in working in an advanced computer system environment (ERP)
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, able to engage, influence team and external partners
- Proven communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Individual must be customer driven, good understanding of TQM, Continuous Improvement and Quality Assurance
- Ability to develop and cultivate effective relationships with customers (internal & external), clients, suppliers and stakeholders
- Experience in managing and promoting a safe work environment
- Emergency response training /incident command experience preferred
- Must have a proven track record of working with all stakeholders, internal and external
- Strong understanding of a quality system reporting environment; which includes quality, customer & supplier satisfaction, carrier damage reporting and safety based near miss and incident reporting
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: Operations Lead Hand
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.