Marketing Engineer, Mining
Date: May 1, 2019
Vaudreuil Dorion or Burlington
The Marketing Engineer position is an entry level role within the Quadra mining group. By joining Quadra, you will discover that working for a leader in the supply of mining reagents can create endless learning opportunities for you. You will be exposed to end use customers, supplier partners and professionals who work as Account Managers, Technical Representatives and Product Managers. You will also experience firsthand how a successful family run business operates in the highly competitive landscape of the mining industry. At Quadra, you will find challenges that excite you and career development opportunities which can build a lifelong career. The incumbent will report to either the Business Manager or the Sales Manager of the mining group, depending on location of employment.
The Marketing Engineer will play a pivotal role in the company’s marketing team. The candidate will be able to apply acquired technical knowledge to sales and marketing campaigns in order to support our efforts to increase our market share in the mineral processing sector. The Marketing Engineer is the internal champion for the Mining Group’s online and social media presence. Working with our Account Managers, Technical Representatives and Product Managers, the candidate will be responsible to create digital content and expand our online and social media presence. The Marketing Engineer will also be the lead in value capture generation and documentation, proposal and presentation drafting, mining conference planning and group meeting preparation. While collaborating with the Corporate Marketing Group, the candidate will also be responsible to develop and implement a search engine optimization strategy for Quadra’s Mining group. The Marketing Engineer is a newly created position within the Quadra Mining group. We are looking for a candidate which will be able to drive the evolution of this new role. This is a great opportunity to influence and help direct the group’s digital footprint.
- To articulate the story of the Quadra Mining brand to the online world
- With input from the commercial team, author articles and write papers which can be posted on the Quadra website, social media platforms and at mineral processing conferences
- Promote digital content through social media platforms which are relevant to our business
- Develop and implement a search engine optimization strategy
- Drive traffic through the Quadra mining website
- Being the lead on proposal writing and value capture creation and documentation
- Be an integral part of the commercial team to help expand our market share in the mineral processing sector
- Help to organize mining events, trade shows and group meetings
- Responsible to interface with engineering (EPCM) houses and supporting their project development efforts
- Undergraduate degree in Metallurgical, Materials or Chemical Engineering
- 1 to 2 years work experience in the mineral processing industry, or related field
- Knowledge or passion of the mining, mineral processing and metallurgy industry and associated technologies
- Storytelling, writing and editing skills
- Proven computer skills, experience with Google AdWords and social media
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Excellent active listening skills
- Willingness to travel within Canada and the US if required
- Valid driver’s license
- Located near an airport
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: Marketing Engineer, Mining
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.