Date: April 1, 2019
Quadra Chemicals is looking for an experienced, dynamic individual to join our logistics team in Delta BC.
In this role, you will use your many years of experience to manage complex mining projects within Canada and the USA, work closely with internal and external customers on new and existing business and have the ability drive change. This will include items such as; customer visits to assist the sales team, carrier prospecting and management, incident investigation and contract negotiations. Prior supervisory experience will be an asset as you will you have the strengths and experience to handle these communications expertly and professionally. Working in a team environment, the Logistics Coordinator role will be responsible for handling inbound and outbound shipments by managing all facets of the transportation cycle in a cost effective and expeditious manner.
- The person will be responsible for coordinating the movement of products by working in a fast paced, team environment in order to meet the needs of the customer and internal stakeholders
- Joint calls with sales team on new and existing accounts to provide logistical expertise
- Responsible for following the Quality procedures
- Responsible for the cost of each transaction and investigating variance to prevent reoccurrence
- Responsible for working with carriers and internal stakeholders on damaged freight. This includes issuing freight claims and root cause investigation, when required.
- Analyze freight movements to realize efficiencies and add value to the customer from the supply chain
- Maintain shipment tracking, exception reports and update the ERP system and internal stakeholders accordingly
- Carrier management, evaluation, development and market knowledge as it relates to performance, safety and rate negotiations
- Work with commercial team on RFPs to present creative, cost effective solutions
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in fast-paced transportation-logistics environment dealing with all modes of transport
- Experience in the mining sector within Canada and the USA
- Experienced in CCRA regulations, documentation and requirements
- Good knowledge of geography and proven math skills
- Ability to problem solve, multi-task and set priorities while working independently in a high performance team culture
- Proven communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- TDG/IATA/IMDG would be an asset
- Experience in an advanced ERP system (E1/SAP) and lotus notes
- Experience working with and securing contracts with freight carriers
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: Logistics Coordinator
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.