Date: February 1, 2019
Quadra Chemicals is looking for an experienced, dynamic individual to join our logistics team in Vaudreuil-Dorion QC.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for handling all inbound and outbound shipments by effectively managing all facets of the transportation cycle in a cost effective and expeditious manner. Working within a team environment, that is regional focused, the position interacts with both internal and external customers to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction.
The person will be responsible for coordinating the movement of products by working in a fast paced team environment, in order to meet the needs of the customer and internal stakeholders.
- Track and trace all shipments including inbound orders, updating the ERP system and internal stakeholders accordingly
- Responsible for the receipt and ship confirming of all orders using the ERP system while following the Quality procedures set in place by Quadra
- Responsible for the cost of each transaction and investigating variance to prevent reoccurrence
- Responsible for working with carriers and internal stakeholders on damaged freight. This includes issuing freight claims when required
- Analyze freight movements to realize efficiencies in the supply chain
- Carrier management, evaluation, development and market knowledge as it relates to performance, safety and rate negotiations
- Assist the commercial team by providing freight quotations in a timely manner
- Post-secondary degree/diploma, preferably in logistics or transportation
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in fast-paced transportation-logistics environment dealing with all modes of transport
- Experienced in CCRA regulations, documentation and requirements
- Good knowledge of geography and proven math skills
- Ability to problem solve, multi-task and set priorities while working independently in a high performance team culture
- Proven communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- TDG/IATA/IMDG would be an asset
- Experience in an advanced ERP system (E1/SAP) and lotus notes
- Experience working with and securing contracts with freight carriers
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: Logistics Coordinator
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.