Date: January 1, 2020
Brief: We are currently looking for a bilingual IT Support Technician for our office in Burlington, Ontario.
Working closely with the Global Digital Support Group team, the IT Support Technician will be the main point of contact locally on all IT support related areas, as well as globally to support employees across the country.
The chosen individual will have exceptional troubleshooting, customer service and communication skills, to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks.
We are looking for a candidate that has a hands-on, problem-solving approach to managing and troubleshooting environments, and a friendly human-facing side to communicate and manage staff expectations.
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via telephone and e-mail and chat to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues and document all pertinent information
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop and system level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Contribute to implementing formalized processes to help ongoing and future Digital Team operations
- Support add/move/change requests – including desktops/laptops, printers and other peripherals
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers
- Prioritize and schedule problems, escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Provide preventive and corrective maintenance of workstation and software including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 4 years equivalent work experience
- Certifications in CompTIA+ and ITIL is an asset
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in French and in English
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, of current network protocols, and standards and basic knowledge of programming languages
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience and extensive application support experience
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems and working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Exceptional customer service orientation, organizational and problem-solving skills (project management skills a definite asset)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed and the ability to work independently and handle pressure
- Willing to travel
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: IT Support Technician
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.