Inventory Coordinator (Contract)
Date: January 8, 2020
Brief: Quadra Chemicals Ltd. is a growing, dynamic chemical distribution company with facilities across Canada. We currently have a vacancy for a permanent full-time position as Inventory Coordinator / Satellite Coordinator in our Edmonton Facility.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to enhance our team of Inventory Coordinator in our Edmonton location.
The Inventory Coordinator is responsible for effectively communicating with our customers, taking orders and tracking them. This person will also be responsible for communicating with our sales team to maintain the highest level of customer service.
We are looking for someone with a positive and professional attitude who will ensure a dedicated and impeccable customer service.
- To communicate effectively to our customers, through the order process, and related activities our commitments to a “Customer Driven Focus” and Total Quality Management philosophy
- Ability to reconcile and maintain a number of inventories and customer reporting requirements
- Processing, shipping and invoicing goods in system within 24 hours of receipt from satellite
- Processing work orders for all blended products at the Satellite
- Process transfer orders to replenish inventory at request of the Satellite agent
- Obtain credit applications and set up new customers in Salesforce as required
- Verify contract pricing
- Enter and maintain best list price for all Satellite agents purchasing inventory from their consignment stock
- Enter and maintain customer specific pricing
- Enter and maintain commissions payable for each of the Satellites
- Maintain D-tables for Satellite customer special requirements for invoicing (Excel)
- Ensure that Satellites are following our documented procedures (including FIFO, paperflow)
- Work with satellite to maintain inventory which is current (be proactive to avoid weekend transfers if possible)
- Reconcile inventory monthly and advise Satellites of physical inventory schedules
- Transfer products in system
- Bill satellite locations for missing / lost inventory on a monthly basis
- Advise Satellites of monthly cut-off dates and ensure they are respected
- Set up of new suppliers in the system
- Maintain all customer service satellite correspondence in Salesforce via activity reports, action items or in Customer profiles
- Maintain files for satellites
- Update/maintain special customer charge code list
- Develop a relationship with satellites
- Upload all EDI invoices and corresponding BOL’s all customer
- Determine user responsible and forward all disputed EDI invoices
- Relevant experience as Customer Service Representative, Inventory Control or Satellites (3rd party) coordination (2-3 years)
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience (knowledge of chemical industry would be an asset)
- Post-secondary or college diploma
- Proven math skills
- Independent, self-motivated and pro-active
- Professional and well organized, willingness to make decisions and work in a fast-paced environment respecting time line
- Inventory reconciliation process requires individual to be detail oriented and process good analytical skills
- Proven computer skills (including spreadsheets & an ERP system)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and to multitask
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides an excellent remuneration package, including a competitive benefits package for contractual employees.
Subject: Inventory Coordinator (Contract)
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.