Facilities & Maintenance Supervisor
Date: January 1, 2020
Brief: Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Facilities & Maintenance Supervisor will play a key leadership role in developing and implementing improved equipment reliability and maintenance systems. The candidate is responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of contractors on site in the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment. Responsible for maintaining manufacturing, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, fire & security system and related systems.
As well, provide ongoing support for the day to day operation, production and personnel by executing plant betterment projects and continuously improving safety, quality and production efficiency. Provide coaching and leadership to the team all through focusing and sustaining Quadra’s core values.
- Develop and implement proper reliability and maintenance programs for plant equipment
- Train operations personnel on proper equipment functionality
- Perform and manage regular preventative maintenance and any unscheduled repairs on production and auxiliary equipment
- Troubleshoot and diagnose operational problems including mechanical and electrical issues throughout the plant
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead/implement projects to improve safety and quality, increase production capacity and lower costs
- Supervise contractors and external consultants for all maintenance actions
- Develop procedures, methods and training materials to help improve the troubleshooting and minor maintenance skills of the operators
- Support and implement the values of the company, including ensuring that the blending operations follow all legislation & regulations, and especially those for Environmental, Health and Safety
- Compatible with our Customer-Driven and Total Quality Management philosophy
- Establish and maintain critical spare parts inventory; purchase key equipment and/or maintenance tools
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Attend all facility meetings where required
- All other assigned duties as required
- Certified Industrial Mechanic Millwright, or Industrial Electrician or Construction and Maintenance Electrician
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the operation/maintenance of food processing and manufacturing industry
- Equipment knowledge on compressors, dust collection systems, blenders, HVAC, generators, material handling equipment, bag sealers, conveyors and filling machines
- Experience in leading production and maintenance teams in developing, implementing and managing of preventative maintenance and housekeeping programs
- Ability to read and understand industrial and mechanical drawings, plans and specifications
- Ability to develop estimates and budgets for supplies, equipment and maintenance programs
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment issues
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to problem-solve and create alternative solutions to problems
- Good physical condition and ability to lift 25kg
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to work on occasion in the afternoons and evenings
- Knowledgeable and be familiar with such as but not limited to OHSA, WSIA, ESA, CSA, Ontario Fire Code and HRA
- Health and Safety Training and Certifications an asset
- Forklift experience would be an asset
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: Facilities & Maintenance Supervisor
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.