Eastern Logistics Manager
Date: December 10, 2018
The Eastern Logistics Manager will be responsible for both strategic and tactical managing of domestic and international logistics. You will provide high level oversight of global imports to ensure all regulations are adhered to while optimizing the supply chain. As a manager you will use your leadership skills to create and promote an environment where employees are engaged, empowered and committed to the success of the company.
- Responsible for the management of supplier relationships for freight and logistics activities for inbound containers, LCL shipments and Eastern Canada over the road movements
- Develop strong relationships with key transportation providers to ensure the most cost effective movement of materials while providing excellent customer service, in compliance with the Responsible Distribution initiatives
- Lead team in a manner that encourages the team to take ownership and responsibility for function and productivity.
- Monitor and enhance individual performance through clearly defined expectations, training, coaching and counselling to obtain desired results
- Optimize transportation management and integrate best practices throughout the supply chain
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership, management and team building experience. Demonstrated leadership qualities, able to engage and influence team and external partners
- Completed post-secondary degree or diploma in related field; additional professional designations are assets (i.e. CITT, PLOG)
- Minimum 10 years of Transportation experience with international, domestic expertise along with a background in trade compliance
- TDG experience definite asset
- Bilingual (English/French) written and oral communication skills (preferred)
- Excellent computer skills. JD Edwards or SAP experience preferred
- Must be self-motivated, customer driven, dynamic and professional
- Ability to work independently and handle pressure
- Excellent organizational skills, customer driven and good understanding of TQM, Continuous Improvement and Quality Assurance
- Proven interpersonal, communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Proven organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills
- A willingness to travel overnight, up to 20% of the time
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: Eastern Logistics Manager
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.