Date: October 1, 2019
Brief: Quadra Chemicals Ltd. is a growing and dynamic; industry diversified chemical distribution company with facilities across Canada.
Our mission is to be the leading provider of chemical and ingredient distribution services, bringing the world’s best suppliers to the Canadian Marketplace.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual to enhance our team in the role of Bulk Chemical Handler for our Edmonton facility.
- Receiving, storage, shipping of all stock items as per defined policies, procedures and protocols
- Railcars unloading and material handling duties
- Assists with safety programs in warehouse (TDG, WHMIS, ISO, Responsible Distribution, etc.)
- Assist with general up-keeping of building and warehouse equipment including lift-trucks, scales, etc.
- Special instruction implementation including bulk handling, drumming, repackaging, etc.
- Participation in related training as required
- Operate forklift truck with proper certification
- Sending paperwork (i.e. warehouse release. bill of lading, certificates of analysis and cover sheet)
- Review daily shipment edit list to ensure orders are being handled to meet customer needs and expectations
- Physical counts
- Printing warehouse release requests, bill of ladings, certificates of analysis
- Ensuring accurate inventory (quantity/lots/locations)
- Regular communication with Logistics. Customer Service and Procurement functions to ensure we are meeting customer and operational requirements.
- Similar experience in warehouse or manufacturing
- Completed high-school diploma or completed equivalencies
- Good general physical condition
- Team spirit, motivation and ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with chemicals
- Excellent interpersonal skills, great ability to communicate and solve different issues
- Experience with WHMIS / TDG would be an asset
- Hold his forklift cards (an asset)
You MUST be able to wear complete PPE (cartridge mask testing included)
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: Chemical Bulk Handler
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.