Business Analyst, Blending
Date: October 1, 2019
Brief: Our Oakville facility specializes in the development, commercialization and production of high quality and functional food ingredient dry blends, sold across a variety of market segments.
The Business Analyst - Blending role will be based in the Oakville manufacturing facility and reporting to the Category Manager. As part of the cross-functional Blending Support Team, we are seeking an individual with exceptional data manipulation skills, an analytical mindset and strong appreciation for delivering business results.
- Responsible for detailed costing, price and profit analytics, in addition to other tasks related to finished goods. This includes regular cost/price reviews and processing of price changes, in collaboration with the Category Manager.
- Network and interact with the Procurement Specialists and Product Managers across the Food Ingredients business to ensure a high level of understanding regarding our raw material cost position
- Closely monitor customer demand (trend analysis) and pro-actively recommend optimal finished good inventory levels
- Provide analysis and business recommendations regarding raw material inventory in conjunction with the Procurement Team
- As new systems and processes are implemented, lead the coordination and project management within the Blending Support Team
- Set up new items finished good items within our system
- Support the Blending Category Manager with business analysis as required
- Track finished good contracts and stocking agreements
- Work closely with the Procurement Specialist and Scheduling Specialist to ensure we deliver on both company and customer expectations
- Cross-train and provide back-up to Blending Support Team colleagues
- Member of the Blending Commercialization Team
- Build strong ties and relationships with colleagues on the basis of trust, credibility and collaboration
- University degree or Post-Secondary Education
- Proven experience analyzing business metrics, proposing business plans and delivering results
- Previous experience in replenishment, purchasing and inventory management is an asset
- PMP accreditation or Project Management Experience
- Experience in Food Ingredient Manufacturing or Distribution
- Experience working in Oracle/JD Edwards environment an asset
- Proven business acumen
- Proven advanced computer skills
- Accustom to a fast-paced environment
- Team Player
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excited to contribute towards a high-performance culture
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: Business Analyst, Blending
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.