Blending Procurement Specialist
Date: April 1, 2019
Our Oakville facility specializes in the development, commercialization and production of high quality and functional food ingredient dry blends, sold across a variety of market segments.
We have a vacancy for a Blending Procurement Specialist for our Food Ingredients blending business based in Oakville. This role is focused on the raw materials used in manufacturing and the individual would be tasked to ensure that we have the right ingredients at the right price and at the right time.
- Strategic Inventory management
- Responsible to identify ways in which our supply chain can be further streamlined
- Select and on-board new suppliers, via Quadra’s approval process, when required
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers
- Negotiate with our suppliers to ensure that we continuously have a competitive cost position (cost, delivery terms, payment terms)
- Closely monitor customer demand and pro-actively adjust inventory and procurement levels as needed in close communication with Blending Support Team colleagues
- Monitor contracts and supply agreements and make recommendations accordingly
- Run and analyze several system generated reports as part of their normal daily and weekly responsibilities to help make informed purchasing decisions
- Trouble shoot and resolve issues that may arise during the ordering and delivery process
Place replenishment orders with approved suppliers in partnership with Blending Support
- Team colleagues
- Provide back-up to Blending Support Team colleagues
- University degree or Post-Secondary Education
- Previous experience in replenishment, purchasing and inventory management
- Experience in Food Ingredient Manufacturing or Distribution
- Experience working in Oracle/JD Edwards environment an asset
- Detail oriented, proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced computer skills and Excel knowledge
- Dynamic, Self-Motivated and Able to Multi-Task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Great organizational skills
- Excited to contribute towards a high-performance culture
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: Blending Procurement Specialist
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.