Blending Category Manager
Date: April 1, 2019
Our Oakville facility specializes in the development, commercialization and production of high quality and functional food ingredient dry blends, sold across a variety of market segments.
The Blending Category Manager role at Quadra’s manufacturing facility is a blend of “marketing” and “procurement” functions and includes the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the ongoing market development and sustained profitable growth of the blending business.
- Central role in working very closely with the company’s salesforce and the Blending Support team, to ensure that customer requirements are met and exceeded, while being commercially responsible.
- Internal champion of the blending business.
- Responsible, with the support of the Blending Support team, to ensure that appropriate inventory levels of raw materials and finished blends are in place.
- Build strong ties and relationships with the salesforce on the basis of trust, credibility and collaboration.
- Directly responsible for the negotiation and contracting of select key ingredients.
- Over time, become the market expert within the product category.
- Directly manage the members of the Blending Support team, providing support, guidance and coaching.
Oversee the procurement of general raw materials, scheduling of the blends, as well as costing/pricing.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in food ingredient product management (Business to Business)
- Proven experience analyzing markets and developing marketing plans
- Minimum 5 years previous experience as a sales professional is an asset
- Commercial experience within a manufacturing business
- Post-secondary education in Food Science or Business-Related field
- Proven business acumen
- A willingness to travel overnight, up to 30% of the time
- Proven advanced computer skills
- Accustom to a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to manage and influence others
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans, a company vehicle, etc.
Subject: Blending Category Manager
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.