Blender Filler/General Labourer
Date: December 11, 2018
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual to enhance our team in the Oakville manufacturing facility.
Our Oakville facility specializes in the design and application of functional food ingredient systems to impart the desired body and texture characteristics, shelf life stability, and flavor to processed foods, beverage and dairy products.
The Blender Filler is responsible for carefully measuring, weighing and filling food products into bags according to recipes and ensuring accurate filling while adhering to all Good Manufacturing Practices throughout procedures.
Shifts available: Day shift – 6am to 2:30pm, 40 hours per week, 8 hours a per day
- Provide general labour duties in a plant/warehouse setting
- Work safely, report all workplace hazards and follow all Quadra Health and Safety policies and procedures, Occupational Health & Safety Act; participate in all health & safety training provided by Quadra
- Attend and participate in team and supervision meetings
- Attend and participate in all required training such as but not limited to WHMIS, AODA and Health and Safety
- Labelling of bags
- Stacking and lifting of heavy bags (repetitively up to 25 kg)
- Packaging of food products
- General cleaning such as but not limited to sweeping & mopping floors and cleaning warehouse racks
- Use of motorized equipment such as but not limited to forklift equipment
- Assisting other warehouse/plant staff with various duties
- Perform other duties as assigned by plant supervisor/lead hand or management
- Ability to meet physical demands, including reaching, bending, walking, standing, and performing repetitive actions
- Ability to lift up to 25 kg, on a regular basis throughout the shift
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- Self-motivated; willingness to take initiative and accept responsibility with minimal direction
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans.
Subject: Blender Filler/General Labourer
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.