Account Manager, Mining Group
Date: August 1, 2019
Location: Ideally based out of Saskatchewan
Brief: We are currently recruiting for the position of Account Manager for our Mining group ideally based out of a home based Saskatchewan office. The candidate will bring a professional sales background to maintain a territory with a significant emphasis on prospecting and new business development. We are seeking a highly motivated sales professional that has an already established network of relationships primarily in the potash and uranium market covering the Prairie Provinces (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba). We are looking for a candidate who will fit well in our culture and is interested in a long-term career in professional sales.
Responsible for all sales activities with an emphasis on new business development. We are looking for an individual that brings knowledge and proven experience with technical abilities to sell primarily into the potash and uranium sector. The candidate will bring an ability to drive success in their sales territory through their relationship building skills. They will be responsible for managing their sales territory through the development and management of territory growth plans, account development strategies and sales pipelines. An ability to identify, contact and qualify sales prospects for new business development opportunities is required.
- Highly motivated to succeed and is results oriented
- Sets a high standard in ensuring customer service excellence, exceeding customer’s expectations with a high sense of urgency to get things done
- An established network of professional contacts in the potash and uranium sector
- Passionate about the mining industry
- A “can do” attitude with a hands-on approach and capable to conduct bench scale metallurgical lab work
- A team player with a high degree of collaborative soft skills
- Can adapt to various information technology tools and learn to utilize them to optimize their performance as well as capture important market data
- Understands and embraces the concept of “value selling” and drive this at the customer level
- Undergraduate degree or diploma preferably in chemistry, engineering, science or business degree
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in the potash and uranium sector
- Proven skills in the development, follow-up and closure of sales opportunities
- Proven track record in sales growth, business retention and business acumen
- Possess a high degree of organizational planning, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time including overnight travel
- Proven computer skills and comfortable to work with Excel
- Valid passport
- Valid driver’s license
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans, a company vehicle, etc.
Subject: Account Manager, Mining Group
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.