Regulatory Affairs Manager
Date: July 1, 2017
Quadra is a leader in Chemical and Ingredient distribution in North America. Regulatory Affair is a key competency for our business. We are looking for an individual to manage and lead the Regulatory Affairs department and keep Quadra compliant with the evolving regulations related to our business. The candidate will be responsible to lead and manage a team.
The Regulatory affairs Manager has the overall responsibility for ensuring corporate compliance with regards to environmental, products safety and product use regulations as they relate to the operations of Quadra in both Canada and the USA. The position involves developing and implementing comprehensive compliance policies and procedures that impact upon the company’s products, employees and facilities in a continually evolving regulatory landscape. The individual will be responsible to develop and maintain a vision for Quadra’s strategies with regards to compliance and staying current with the regulations that affect the Quadra business. Lead and manage a team and support the growth of the business.
- Develop strong relationships with suppliers, customers (internal & external) , governmental bodies
- Communicate to the company new regulation and regulatory changes that impact the business
- New product regulatory evaluation and regulation compliance maintenance
- Build regulatory program for the USA business
- Overview CEPA substance management
- Provide support to the Commercial team for special product registration activities
- Knowledgeable on the new WHMIS 2015 and ability to support successful implementation across Canada
- Lead department in their activities and coach team to create positive employee experience
- A minimum of 10 years of Chemical industry experience
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and presentation skills
- Experience and broad knowledge of Regulatory environment as it relates to chemicals and ingredients
- Exceptional technical and managerial skills including strong leadership, people skills and well as teamwork orientation and flexibility in a high performance culture
- Proven people management skills
- Health & Safety experience an asset
Quadra is one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including an incentive plan, pension plan.
Subject: Regulatory Affairs Manager
No phone calls please. Only candidates with relevant qualifications will be contacted.