Human Resources Generalist
Date: October 1, 2017
Delta, British Columbia
The Human Resources Generalist supports in the strategic goals of the Human Resources division and the overall organization by providing full organizational support in all areas of HR including, but not limited to, recruitment and orientation process, training and development, onboarding, employee relations, HR programs and policies.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the successful candidate will be a broadly skilled HR professional looking for a growth opportunity.
Quadra’s mission is to be the leading provider of chemical and ingredient distribution services, bringing the world’s best suppliers to our targeted marketplace. We are proud to be a member of the “Best Small and Medium Employers “, as well as a Platinum member of “Canada’s Best Managed Companies”.
Our employees cultivate and deliver excellence. Their commitment guarantees superior product quality and customer service.
We currently seek a Human Resources Generalist, based in Delta.
- Experience providing front-line HR consultation and developing partnerships throughout the organization; providing day to day advice and counsel on HR related matters
- Respond to all inquiries regarding employment issues, HR policies, etc. to all levels of staff in addition to providing proactive advice and recommendations where possible
- Full involvement with recruitment process from collaboration of job postings and advertising, developing interview questions, screening of resumes, coordination of interviews, interviewing candidates and reference checking
- Excellent judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills in establishing strategies and resolving HR matters
- Ability to deal with sensitive and highly confidential human resource issues
- Establishing HR Metrics through data retrieval
- Proven experience with Alberta and BC Labour Standards
- Assist in the orientation and training programs of all new hires including reviewing policy manual, benefits plan, enrolment process, employee programs, etc, to ensure rapid onboarding
- Serve as an organizational trainer for HR initiatives
- Coach, support, and challenge leaders and managers in the application of HR policies and practices, provide advice and guidance on HR issues
- The preferred candidate will have a Bachelor of Commerce preferably in Human Resources Management
- 8-10 years relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and HR systems
- Pro-active with solid prioritization and organization skills
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable, with proven leadership skills
- Proven experience in recruitment
- Proven experience with employee engagement programs
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Able to travel up to 25% overnight
Quadra offers challenging opportunities for talented, engaged people to grow and succeed. We encourage our employees to use their talents and fulfill their career goals. Quadra provides an environment in which our employees can enjoy career paths filled with success and personal growth. Quadra provides an excellent remuneration package, including a competitive incentive plan.
Subject: Human Resources Generalist
No phone calls please. Only candidates with relevant qualifications will be contacted.