Date: July 7, 2017
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual to enhance our team in the role of GENERAL LABOURER. This is a full time position at our Oakville facility (afternoon shift - 40 hours per week, 10 hours per day).
Our Oakville facility specializes in the design and application of functional food ingredient systems to impart the desired body and texture characteristics, shelf life stability, and flavor to processed foods, beverage and dairy products.
Provide general labour duties in a plant/warehouse setting.
- Work safely, report all workplace hazards and follow all Quadra Health and Safety policies and procedures, Occupational Health & Safety Act; participate in all health & safety training provided by Quadra
- Attend and participate in team and supervision meetings
- Attend and participate in all required training such as but not limited to WHMIS, AODA and Health and Safety
- Labelling of bags
- Stacking and lifting of heavy bags (repetitively)
- Packaging of food products
- General cleaning such as but not limited to sweeping & mopping floors and cleaning warehouse racks
- Use of motorized equipment such as but not limited to forklift equipment
- Assisting other warehouse/plant staff with various duties
Perform other duties as assigned by plant supervisor/lead hand or management
- Ability to meet physical demands, including reaching, bending, walking, standing, and performing repetitive actions
- Ability to lift up to 25 kg, on a regular basis throughout the shift
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- Self-motivated; willingness to take initiative and accept responsibility with minimal direction
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Completed HS diploma
- Food industry experience would be an asset
Quadra is one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans, etc.
Subject: General Labourer
No phone calls please. Only candidates with relevant qualifications will be contacted.