Financial Analyst – Resources Division
Date: July 1, 2017
Reporting to the Director of Finance and dotted line to the Resources Division Vice President, the Financial Analyst is a business partner responsible for monitoring the financial performance of the division as well as providing reliable and timely information and analysis to business partners (Business Managers, Product Managers, Sales Managers) in the Resources Division to guide them in the decision-making process. The Financial Analyst also actively collaborates to the budget process, financial reporting and financial support.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the division’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan
- Guide pricing, cost analysis, gross margin process; providing trends and forecasts.
- Maintain and develop various financial models and standard templates for use by all of Finance during the planning processes, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review
- Support the Accounting and Financial Reporting Analyst by being the first point of contact for issues and questions
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance
- Market research, data mining, and business intelligence
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. A CPA designation is preferred
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proven MS Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
- Strong presence with the ability to interact with Senior Leadership.
- Financial expertise is an asset
- Available to travel
Quadra is one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans, etc.
Subject: Financial Analyst – Resources Division
No phone calls please. Only candidates with relevant qualifications will be contacted.